Monday, January 02, 2006

The Last Day of Vacation


The time has just flown, and it's the last day of vacation today. I had lots of projects to finish, so I got busy and completed two circle journals, 9 cards, put page protectors in my album and cleaned up some of my room!
A few of the cards I made use a little technique that is fun, but pretty time consuming. I used my VersaMark pad and some embossing powder and made my own custom colored brads. Just dip the brad head into the ink, dip into the embossing powder, and heat set. Be careful not to burn yourself on the hot brad!
I also made a couple of Christmas Thank-You cards, which look like the one shown here. I LOVE this card, the idea which I got out of one of the Card Creations books. Those books are the best when I'm stumped and not feeling very inspired. The card is 5X5, but I could have made it 5.5X5.5 and it would have still fit in my favorite Stampin' Up! envelopes. The red paper is just cut 4.5"X4.5" and the ribbon is wrapped around and tied. I don't like the color match of the greens, but I'll use a different tag the next time around.
Tomorrow I'm getting down to business and finishing up the plans for the Virtual Crop at www.wisconsinscrappers.com that's going to be this weekend. I have most of the planning done, but there is more to do!
Until next time~ Kate

No comments: