Monday, February 06, 2006

Burn Baby Burn!


This technique made my husband say... "AH!" I asked him to come watch while I literally set a sheet of paper "almost" on fire. Problem: both my kids followed him into my laboratory and they thought it was equally interesting. I had to stop to shoo them from the room before I continued. My disclaimer is this: if you don't want to later in life wonder why your children burnt your house down, do not give them the idea of setting paper on fire in the name of "art."
I'm not going to spoil the technique for you. This is going to be a project that we do at my Stamp Camp coming up on the 25th of February and we're going to do it for my Black River Falls club. Soooo, you'll have to sign up for the Stamp Camp if you're interested in learning how to make a Soot Card!

Other techniques used: Faux suede

1 comment:

Metropolitan Housewife said...

I participated in Kate's stamp camp this past Saturday, and this project was a blast! (Stop rolling your eyes, Kate...LOL!)

Finally, I have found a reason that paraffin-based candles can be useful, and where the soot is actually a desired feature. (can you imagine?!)

Thanks for a great stamp camp- Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

In all you do, CHOOSE Success!
--Kitt

http://www.supersoycandlebiz.com
Register for a FREE Soy/Veg Jar Candle